Events & Exhibitions / Fondazione Torino Musei
PHOTO ACTION PER TORINO 2020
On display the “call to art” conceived, coordinated, and curated by Guido Harari and Paolo Ranzani
GAM of Turin showcases 105 photo prints by major Italian and international photographers, in contribution to the Covid-19 Response Fund by U.G.I. Onlus.
In the month of May 2020, in full-blown Covd-19 crisis, the project Photo Action per Torino 2020 was launched, a “call to art” conceived by the photographers Guido Harari and Paolo Ranzani together with Wall Of Sound Gallery: an invitation for some prominent Italian and international photographers to donate one of their works to support the initiative of a Covid-19 Response Fund organized by U.G.I. Onlus association.
Over 100 photographers responded to the invitation and freely offered a work of theirs for this project, proposed for the event at a symbolic cost of 100 Euro. Today, after five months from the launch, the fund has reached a record goal of 70,100 Euro.
GAM of Turin is proud to support and contribute to the project, hosting at its Wunderkammer for three months the works of Photo Action per Torino 2020. Visitors, including Abbonamento Musei members, at a symbolic ticket price of 1 Euro, may attend an exhibition that reflects the state of Italian and international photography while supporting the cause.
All proceeds from ticket sales, as well as all catalogue sales, will be donated to the Associazione U.G.I. ONLUS. Moreover, for the duration of the exhibition, the 105 prints on display may be purchased—a one-off, only one print per image—in 30x42cm format, reserving them from the website https://www.photoactionpertorino.org at the cost of 300 Euro per photograph, which will also be entirely donated.
The show alternates classic and never-before-seen images, made available for the first time in an exclusive collection for Photo Action per Torino that includes:
- MAJOR 20TH-CENTURY ICONS: David Bowie by Masayoshi Sukita, Salvador Dalí by Mimmo Dabbrescia, Maria Callas by Gianni Greguoli.
- MUSIC: Bruce Springsteen by Frank Stefanko, Eddie Vedder by Danny Clinch, Patti Smith and Robert Mapplethorpe by Norman Seeff, John Coltrane by Joe Alper, Ezio Bosso by Roberto Serra, Lucio Battisti by Gered Mankowitz, Mick Jagger by Robert Whitaker, Fabrizio De André by Luca Greguoli, Lou Reed and Laurie Anderson by Guido Harari, Pino Daniele by Cesare Monti, Lucio Dalla by Carlo Massarini, Liam Gallagher by Alessio Pizzicannella, Paul Weller by Mattia Zoppellaro.
- THEATRE/CINEMA: Federico Fellini by Franco Bellomo, Massimo Troisi and Pino Daniele by Luciano Viti, Robert De Niro by Adolfo Franzò, Johnny Depp by Maurizio Galimberti, Vittorio Gassman by Claudio Porcarelli, Tilda Swinton by Fabio Lovino, Hanna Schygulla by Fulvia Farassino, Luca Zingaretti by Marina Alessi, the theatre by Lelli and Masotti.
- CULTURE: Eduardo De Filippo and Carmelo Bene by Angelo Turetta, Mario Rigoni Stern by Bruno Murialdo, Irvine Welsh by Alessandro Albert.
- REPORTAGE/TRAVEL: Uliano Lucas, Paola Agosti, Francesco Radino, Franco Pagetti, Eric Meola, Cristina Arrigoni, Franco Carlisi, Paolo Verzone, Renzo Chiesa, Roger Corona, Enzo Obiso, Anna Rosati, Vittore Buzzi, Matteo Fantolini, Marco Turatti, Annalisa Vandelli, Valentina Tamborra, industrial architecture by Gabriele Basilico, country life by Mario Giacomelli, religious traditions by Mario LaPorta, the circus by Mauro Raffini, the Subcomandante Marcos by Maki Galimberti.
- FASHION: celebrated images of international campaigns and personal explorations by Art Kane, Franco Turcati, Toni Thorimbert, Paolo Ranzani.
- ART: Salvador Dalí by Mimmo Dabbrescia, Lello Esposito by Riccardo Piccirillo.
- RESEARCH: Auteur nudes by Franco Fontana, Settimio Benedusi, and Gabriele Rigon, photographic decompositions by Joe Oppedisano, reinventions of famous artworks by Mauro Balletti, visual meditations by Simone Bramante, Oberto Gili, Piero Gemelli, Carlo Orsi, Maurizio Beucci, Maria Vittoria Backhaus, Sophie-Anne Herin, Bart Herreman, Peter Andrewartha, Efrem Raimondi, Laila Pozzo, Ottavio Maledusi.
HOW CAN I CONTRIBUTE?
- By visiting the show and paying 1 Euro for the ticket.
- Purchasing an exhibition catalogue.
- Selecting your favorite picture from the website https://www.photoactionpertorino.org and donating 300 Euro for each work (plus 10 Euro for shipping). The prints come in 30x42cm format on Epson Luster paper; they are not signed or numbered, in a one-off edition and will be delivered when the exhibition closes.
THE COVID-19 RESPONSE FUND
The Covid-19 Response Fund is intended to support families assisted by U.G.I. Onlus whose economic situation has worsened due to the Covid-19 crisis and to offer scholarships/grants for young doctors engaged in Covid-19 crisis units at the Città della Salute e della Scienza in Turin.
The Fund, which was specifically established, will grant una tantum donations to families selected by the U.G.I. Onlus Assistance Committee, based upon the proposals of Social Assistance which operates as part of the Città della Salute with a focus on the Pediatric Cancer Ward at the Infantile Regina Margherita hospital, directed by Professor Franca Fagioli, who will identify possible emergency cases with the medical team who will be granted scholarships.
PHOTOGRAPHERS WHO SUPPORTED THE PROJECT BY FREELY OFFERING AN IMAGE OF THEIRS:
Paola AGOSTI/Alessandro ALBERT/Joe ALPER/Marina ALESSI//Alberto ALIVERTI/Vittoria AMATI/Peter ANDREWARTHA/Cristina ARRIGONI/Maria Vittoria BACKHAUS/Isabella BALENA/Mauro BALLETTI/Erika BANCHIO/Gabriele BASILICO/Franco BELLOMO/Maya BEN FREJ/Settimio BENEDUSI/Maurizio BEUCCI/Simone BRAMANTE / Alberto BUZZANCA/Vittore BUZZI/Luca CACCIAPUOTI/Marianna CAPPELLI/Franco CARLISI/Renzo CHIESA/Lorenzo CICCONI MASSI/Roberto CIFARELLI/Danny CLINCH/Marco CORBO/Roger CORONA/Lucia COVI/Mimmo DABBRESCIA/Enrico DE LUIGI/Matteo FANTOLINI/Fulvia FARASSINO/Barry FEINSTEIN/Franco FONTANA/Adolfo FRANZÒ/Ugo GALASSI/Maki GALIMBERTI/Maurizio GALIMBERTI/Piero GEMELLI/Mario GIACOMELLI/Oberto GILI/Gianni GREGUOLI/Luca GREGUOLI/Guido HARARI/Sophie Anne HERIN/Bart HERREMAN/Claudio ISGRÒ/Raymond JACOBSZ/Art KANE/Mario LAPORTA/LELLI e MASOTTI/Cristina LE NOCI/Fabio LOVINO/Uliano LUCAS/Laura MAJOLINO/Ottavio MALEDUSI/Gered MANKOWITZ/Carlo MASSARINI/Eric MEOLA/Margherita MIRABELLA/Cesare MONTI/Bruno MURIALDO/Patrizia MUSSA/Zoltan NAGY/Pino NINFA/Enzo OBISO/Joe OPPEDISANO/Carlo ORSI/Franco PAGETTI/Gianni PEZZANI/Riccardo PICCIRILLO/Alessio PIZZICANNELLA/Claudio PORCARELLI/Laila POZZO/Francesco RADINO/Mauro RAFFINI/Efrem RAIMONDI/Paolo RANZANI/Maurizio REBUZZINI/Ugo RICCIARDI/Gabriele RIGON/Patrizia RIVIERA/Sylvie ROMIEU/Anna ROSATI/Norman SEEFF/Roberto SERRA/Frank STEFANKO/Masayoshi SUKITA/Valentina TAMBORRA/Allan TANNENBAUM/Toni THORIMBERT/Marco TURATTI/Franco TURCATI/Angelo TURETTA/Annalisa VANDELLI/Paolo VERZONE/Luciano VITI/Robert WHITAKER/Mattia ZOPPELLARO.
For info regarding prints for sale: firstname.lastname@example.org